Re: Memory-comparable Serialization of Data Types

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Memory-comparable Serialization of Data Types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:53 AM Shichao Jin <jsc0218@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are currently integrating LSM-tree based storage engine RocksDB into Postgres. I am wondering is there any
functionthat serialize data types in memory-comparable format, similar to MySQL and MariaDB. With that kind of
function,we can directly store the serialized format in the storage engine and compare them in the storage engine level
insteadof deserializing data and comparing in the upper level.

Do you mean a format that can perform Index comparisons using a
memcmp() rather than per-datatype comparison code?

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Shichao Jin
Сообщение: Memory-comparable Serialization of Data Types
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: pg_locks display of speculative locks is bogus