Re: How to stop autovacuum silently

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: How to stop autovacuum silently
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 8:18 AM Maxim Orlov <orlovmg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently, one of our customers had reported a not working autovacuum.  After a minor investigation, I've found that
> autovacuum launcher did, actually, run vacuum as expected, but with no results.  At the same time, no warnings or
> other anomies were present in the logs.

Are you aware of commit e83ebfe6d7, which added a similar WARNING at
the point when VACUUM overwrites a relfrozenxid/relminmxid "from the
future"? It's a recent one.

> At first, I've thought may be statistics is broken, thus vacuum is not working as expected.  But in fact, something
> more interesting is had happened.

Was pg_upgrade even run against this database? My guess is that the
underlying problem was caused by the bug fixed by commit 74cf7d46.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: "Tristan Partin"
Сообщение: Re: psql not responding to SIGINT upon db reconnection
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: autovectorize page checksum code included elsewhere