Re: blending fast and temp space volumes

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: blending fast and temp space volumes
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 7:53 AM, Rick Otten <rottenwindfish@gmail.com> wrote:
> side note:  The disadvantage of local SSD is that it won't survive "hitting
> the virtual power button" on an instance, nor can it migrate automatically
> to other hardware.  (We have to hit the power button to add memory/cpu to
> the system, and sometimes the power button might get hit by accident.)  This
> is OK for temp space.  I never have my database come up automatically on
> boot, and I have scripted the entire setup of the temp space volume and data
> structures.  I can run that script before starting the database.   I've done
> some tests and it seems to work great.  I don't mind rolling back any
> transaction that might be in play during a power failure.

It sounds like you're treating a temp_tablespaces tablespace as
ephemeral, which IIRC can have problems that an ephemeral
stats_temp_directory does not have.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Craig James
Сообщение: Re: blending fast and temp space volumes
От: Claudio Freire
Сообщение: Re: blending fast and temp space volumes