Re: Memory-Bounded Hash Aggregation

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Memory-Bounded Hash Aggregation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 10:37 AM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> > LogicalTapeSetExtend() seems to work in a way that assumes that the
> > tape is frozen. It would be good to document that assumption, and
> > possible enforce it by way of an assertion. The same remark applies
> > any other assumptions you're making there.
>
> Can you explain? I am not freezing any tapes in Hash Aggregation, so
> what about LogicalTapeSetExtend() assumes the tape is frozen?

Sorry, I was very unclear. I meant to write just the opposite: you
assume that the tapes are *not* frozen. If you're adding a new
capability to logtape.c, it makes sense to be clear on the
requirements on tapeset state or individual tape state.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Memory-Bounded Hash Aggregation
От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] advanced partition matching algorithm forpartition-wise join