Re: Lowering the ever-growing heap->pd_lower

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Lowering the ever-growing heap->pd_lower
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 12:29 PM Matthias van de Meent
<boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> PFA the updated version of this patch. Apart from adding line pointer
> truncation in PageRepairFragmentation (as in the earlier patches), I
> also altered PageTruncateLinePointerArray to clean up all trailing
> line pointers, even if it was the last item on the page.

Can you show a practical benefit to this patch, such as an improvement
in throughout or in efficiency for a given workload?

It was easy to see that having something was better than having
nothing at all. But things are of course different now that we have
PageTruncateLinePointerArray().

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Matthias van de Meent
Сообщение: Re: Lowering the ever-growing heap->pd_lower
От: Christoph Berg
Сообщение: pgbench test failing on 14beta1 on Debian/i386