Re: Assert failure in _bt_preprocess_array_keys

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Assert failure in _bt_preprocess_array_keys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 21, 2024 at 10:36 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't spend much time digging into it, but I wonder if this Assert is
> sensible.  I noticed that before commit 5bf748b86b, the two datatypes
> were not equal to each other either (anyrange vs. int4range).

The assertion is wrong. It is testing behavior that's much older than
commit 5bf748b86b, though. We can just get rid of it, since all of the
information that we'll actually apply when preprocessing scan keys
comes from the operator class.

Pushed a fix removing the assertion just now. Thanks for the report.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Richard Guo
Сообщение: Assert failure in _bt_preprocess_array_keys
От: Andrei Lepikhov
Сообщение: Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization