Re: returning the number of rows output by a copy command from a function

От Misa Simic
Тема Re: returning the number of rows output by a copy command from a function
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
The other option would be to create temp table...

Execute dynamic sql to fil temp table

Copy from temp table - copy will return number of rowsx (not inside execute...)

Drop temp

Kind regards,

Misa

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013, Misa Simic wrote:
I meant the count from the same query as for copy command what actually go to file... Not count rows from table...

But i agree could be slow...

Cheers,

Misa

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013, James Sharrett wrote:
The # rows in the table <> # rows in the file because the table is grouped
and aggregated so simple table row count wouldn't be accurate.  The table
can run in the 75M - 100M range so I was trying to avoid running all the
aggregations once to output the file and then run the same code again just
to get a count.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Misa Simic
Сообщение: returning the number of rows output by a copy command from a function
От: Jasen Betts
Сообщение: Re: returning the number of rows output by a copy command from a function