Re: BUG #18082: coredump during initdb

От Duke Astar
Тема Re: BUG #18082: coredump during initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Thanks for the answer, yes the compiler is that old too.
In our company we have to support very old operating systems, the reason why we compile on that OS.

I made some research to found what is the minimum linux kernel, libc, requirements without any success on postgresql.org
I found a general info on https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/supported-platforms.html which says "PostgreSQL can be expected to work on these operating systems: Linux (all recent distributions)" without any more details.

Regards

Le lun. 4 sept. 2023 à 17:20, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> a écrit :
> Operating system: CentOS release 5.8 (Final) - Linux dev-linuxx86
> 2.6.18-308.el5 #1 SMP Tue Feb 21 20:05:41 EST 2012 i686 i686

So I suppose your compiler is also a dozen years old?

I don't see any good reason to think this isn't a compiler bug.
If you can't upgrade to a newer compiler version, backing off the
default optimization level is probably your best option.  But we
don't test or support operating systems that old.

От: "Lepikhov Andrei"
Сообщение: EXPLAIN Verbose issue - custom_scan_tlist can directly refer CTE and Subquery
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18083: not compile PostgreSQL module in Qt with GCC 11.2 compiler