Re: pgsql: Fix assertion failure by an immediate shutdown.

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix assertion failure by an immediate shutdown.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 2:49 AM, Fujii Masao <fujii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Fix assertion failure by an immediate shutdown.
>
> In PM_WAIT_DEAD_END state, checkpointer process must be dead already.
> But an immediate shutdown could make postmaster's state machine
> transition to PM_WAIT_DEAD_END state even if checkpointer process is
> still running,  and which caused assertion failure. This bug was introduced
> in commit 457d6cf049c57cabe9b46ea13f26138040a214ec.

Sorry, this is not true. I copied and pasted wrong commit id. The
right commit id
which introduced this bug is 82233ce7ea42d6ba519aaec63008aff49da6c7af.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix assertion failure by an immediate shutdown.
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: pgsql: Message style improvements