Re: Dupe Key Violations in Logical Replication with PKs in Place

От Don Seiler
Тема Re: Dupe Key Violations in Logical Replication with PKs in Place
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 10:10 AM Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2023, at 9:04 AM, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What data type(s) in those columns, and what locale on each server? Maybe the change from 18.04/12 to 22.04/15 has caused some weirdness with "foreign" characters.

Problems with the locale updates are not limited to non-ASCII characters, sorting rules involving "-" changed, for instance. When you make that OS upgrade, you really, really, need to reindex all text types.

That's precisely why I'm using logical replication for this migration. The indexes are new on the subscriber server. Re-indexing should only be necessary if I were to do physical replication/restore onto a 22.04 server, no?

Don.

--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: Dupe Key Violations in Logical Replication with PKs in Place
От: Don Seiler
Сообщение: Re: Dupe Key Violations in Logical Replication with PKs in Place