Re: Avg/max size of these JSON docs in Postgres

От Michael Lewis
Тема Re: Avg/max size of these JSON docs in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 12:51 PM Simon Riggs <simon.riggs@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 at 18:53, Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 1:43 AM Simon Riggs <simon.riggs@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 at 08:14, Ram Pratap Maurya
>> <ram.maurya@lavainternational.in> wrote:
>>
>> > Confirm what is Avg/max size of these JSON docs in Postgres.
>>
>> JSON and JSONB datatypes can both be max 1GB in size.
>
> That is per row.

No, that is per column.

Yes, sorry. My attempt at clarification only muddled things. Each column within each row can be up to 1GB in size is how I understand the limit.

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Avg/max size of these JSON docs in Postgres
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Fault with initcap