Re: BUG #18464: Replacing a SQL function silently drops the generated columns that use this function

От Muhammad Waqas
Тема Re: BUG #18464: Replacing a SQL function silently drops the generated columns that use this function
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
When you drop any object with cascade option all associated object will be dropped. That is the normal behavior just and other behavior is not normal

2024년 5월 14일 (화) 오후 8:37, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>님이 작성:

Bug reference:      18464
Logged by:          Rémi Cura
Email address:      remi.cura@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 14.10
Operating system:   Linux

I have a SQL function that I defined myself. Let's call it MyFunction().
I use MyFunction in generated columns of 2 distinct tables.
Whe trying to delete MyFunction, the DB correctly raises an error.
However, when I `CREATE OR REPLACE` this existing function in place, the DB
silently drop all the generated columns depending on this function.
This is not the expected behavior.
I should get either an error, or no columns should be dropped.
if they are dropped, I should get at the very least a warning.

This is pretty major: having columns disappear magically on prod dbs is not
what postgres usually do.

От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #18464: Replacing a SQL function silently drops the generated columns that use this function
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18362: unaccent rules and Old Greek text