Re: Can't find not null constraint, but \d+ shows that

От Tender Wang
Тема Re: Can't find not null constraint, but \d+ shows that
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> 于2024年3月26日周二 23:25写道:
On 2024-Mar-26, Tender Wang wrote:

> postgres=# CREATE TABLE t1(c0 int, c1 int);
> postgres=# ALTER TABLE  t1 ADD CONSTRAINT Q PRIMARY KEY(c0, c1);
> postgres=# ALTER TABLE  t1 DROP c1;
>
> postgres=# ALTER TABLE  t1  ALTER c0 DROP NOT NULL;
> ERROR:  could not find not-null constraint on column "c0", relation "t1"

Ooh, hah, what happens here is that we drop the PK constraint
indirectly, so we only go via doDeletion rather than the tablecmds.c
code, so we don't check the attnotnull flags that the PK was protecting.

> The attached patch is my workaround solution.  Look forward your apply.

Yeah, this is not a very good approach -- I think you're just guessing
that the column is marked NOT NULL because a PK was dropped in the
past -- but really what this catalog state is, is corrupted contents
because the PK drop was mishandled.  At least in theory there are other
ways to drop a constraint other than dropping one of its columns (for
example, maybe this could happen if you drop a collation that the PK
depends on).  The right approach is to ensure that the PK drop always
does the dance that ATExecDropConstraint does.  A good fix probably just
moves some code from dropconstraint_internal to RemoveConstraintById.

I think again, below solutin maybe looks more better:
i. move some code from  dropconstraint_internal to RemoveConstraintById,
  not change the RemoveConstraintById interface. Ensure that the PK drop always
  does the dance that ATExecDropConstraint does.

ii. After i phase, the attnotnull of some column of primary key  may be reset to false as I provided example in last email.
   We can set attnotnull to true again in some place.

--
Tender Wang
OpenPie:  https://en.openpie.com/

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: New Table Access Methods for Multi and Single Inserts
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum