[GENERAL] could not fdatasync log file: Input/output error

От said assemlal
Тема [GENERAL] could not fdatasync log file: Input/output error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

The postgresql crashed on friday due to IO errors. It seems that the filesystem puked.

PANIC: could not fdatasync log file 000000010000017600000077: Input/output error
LOG: database system was interrupted; last known up at 2017-10-13 15:26:28 EDT
WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode

Some errors from the kernel given by the sysadmin:

Buffer I/O error on device dm-3, logical block 2900794
lost page write due to I/O error on dm-3
Buffer I/O error on device dm-3, logical block 2900795
lost page write due to I/O error on dm-3
Buffer I/O error on device dm-3, logical block 2900796
lost page write due to I/O error on dm-3
Buffer I/O error on device dm-3, logical block 2900797
lost page write due to I/O error on dm-3

So we have restarted the server, everything seems to be fine. Should I perform other tests ? Or Should I use a backup to restore the database ?

Thanks for your advice.
Saïd

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Using Substitution Variables In PostgreSQL
От: said assemlal
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] could not fdatasync log file: Input/output error