Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup

От Peter Smith
Тема Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 5:12 PM kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com
<kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Dear Peter,
>
> > > So, why does the patch use syntax option 1?
>
> IMU it might be useful for the following case.
>
> Assuming that multi-master configuration with node1, node2.
> Node1 has a publication pub1 and a subscription sub2, node2 has pub2 and sub1.
>
> From that situation, please consider that new node node3 is added
> that subscribe some changes from node2.
>
> If the feature is introduced as option1, new publication must be defined in node2.
> If that is introduced as option2, however, maybe pub2 can be reused.
> i.e. multiple declaration of publications can be avoided.

Yes. Thanks for the example. I had the same observation in my last post  [1]

------
[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHut%2BPtRxiQR_4UFLNThg-NNRV447FvwtcR-BvqMzjyMJXKwfw%40mail.gmail.com

Kind Regards,
Peter Smith
Fujitsu Australia.

От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: wal_compression=zstd