Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns

От Shubham Khanna
Тема Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
Дата
Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 8, 2024 at 11:39 AM Rajendra Kumar Dangwal
<dangwalrajendra888@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi PG Hackers.
>
> We are interested in enhancing the functionality of the pgoutput plugin by adding support for generated columns.
> Could you please guide us on the necessary steps to achieve this? Additionally, do you have a platform for tracking
suchfeature requests? Any insights or assistance you can provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

The attached patch has the changes to support capturing generated
column data using ‘pgoutput’ and’ test_decoding’ plugin. Now if the
‘include_generated_columns’ option is specified, the generated column
information and generated column data also will be sent.

Usage from pgoutput plugin:
CREATE TABLE gencoltable (a int PRIMARY KEY, b int GENERATED ALWAYS AS
(a * 2) STORED);
CREATE publication pub1 for all tables;
SELECT 'init' FROM pg_create_logical_replication_slot('slot1', 'pgoutput');
SELECT * FROM pg_logical_slot_peek_binary_changes('slot1', NULL, NULL,
'proto_version', '1', 'publication_names', 'pub1',
'include_generated_columns', 'true');

Usage from test_decoding plugin:
SELECT 'init' FROM pg_create_logical_replication_slot('slot2', 'test_decoding');
CREATE TABLE gencoltable (a int PRIMARY KEY, b int GENERATED ALWAYS AS
(a * 2) STORED);
INSERT INTO gencoltable (a) VALUES (1), (2), (3);
SELECT data FROM pg_logical_slot_get_changes('slot2', NULL, NULL,
'include-xids', '0', 'skip-empty-xacts', '1',
'include_generated_columns', '1');

Currently it is not supported as a subscription option because table
sync for the generated column is not possible as copy command does not
support getting data for the generated column. If this feature is
required we can remove this limitation from the copy command and then
add it as a subscription option later.
Thoughts?

Thanks and Regards,
Shubham Khanna.

От: Andreas Karlsson
Сообщение: Re: Fix for recursive plpython triggers
От: Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Сообщение: Re: CREATE DATABASE with filesystem cloning