Re: jsonb - jsonb operators

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: jsonb - jsonb operators
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 7:43 AM, Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was just looking through the new jsonb operators in the 9.5 release, and was wondering if there's any future
intentionto add a delete operator that removes element/pair matches?  I.e. some sort of top-level "jsonb - jsonb"
operator,e.g.

> # select '{"a":1, "b":2}'::jsonb - '{"b":2, "a":4}'::jsonb;
> ?column?
> ----------
> {"a": 1}
> (1 row)
>
> Or would this behaviour be classed as incorrect in some way?

It makes sense for simple json objects in your contrived example.

How would you define complex structures?  What happens when the key
matches but not the value?

merlin

От: Konstantin Knizhnik
Сообщение: Limit and inherited tables
От: Fabien COELHO
Сообщение: Re: extend pgbench expressions with functions