Re: Relax requirement for INTO with SELECT in pl/pgsql

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Relax requirement for INTO with SELECT in pl/pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> So, I'm -1 on not having any keyword at all.  I have no objection
> to Merlin's proposal though.  I agree that PERFORM is starting to
> look a bit silly, since it doesn't play with WITH for instance.

All right -- I'll submit a revised patch with documentation
adjustments.  "Basic Statements" needs to be revised, in particular
the section, "Executing a Command With No Result".  I'm inclined to
remove that section completely, and rename the next section from
"Executing a Query with a Single-row Result"  to simply, "Executing a
Query" (or perhaps "Non-Dynamic Query").

I'd like to remove documentation and usage of PERFORM except for a
note mentioning the old syntax...this would replace the current note
that existentially questions the necessity of PERFORM in the first
place.  Thanks.

merlin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Relax requirement for INTO with SELECT in pl/pgsql
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Relax requirement for INTO with SELECT in pl/pgsql