Re: Schemas, Roles & Search Path

От Don Parris
Тема Re: Schemas, Roles & Search Path
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Don Parris <parrisdc@gmail.com> writes:
> I *think* I want to set the search path on the group roles so that the
> Facilities team can see the COMMON and FACILITIES schemas:
> ALTER ROLE fm_users search_path=common, facilities, accounting;
>
> Or do I need to set the search path for each user individually?
> ALTER ROLE joe SET search_path=common, facilities, accounting;

The latter.  A session only absorbs ALTER ROLE SET settings for the
exact role you're logging in as.  (Otherwise there would be a need
for a conflict resolution rule, and it's pretty hard to see how that
would work in general for arbitrary settings.)  Role "inheritance"
applies to granted privileges only.

                        regards, tom lane

Thanks Tom, that helps!

Don
--
D.C. Parris, FMP, Linux+, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate

От: Don Parris
Сообщение: Re: Schemas, Roles & Search Path
От: "drum.lucas@gmail.com"
Сообщение: Re: New Slave - timeline ERROR