Re: base backup vs. concurrent truncation

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: base backup vs. concurrent truncation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi again,

> Assuming this is the case perhaps we can reduce the scenario and
> consider this simpler one:
>
> 1. The table is truncated
> 2. The DBMS is killed before making a checkpoint
> 3. We are in recovery and presumably see a pair of 0.5 Gb segments
>
> Or can't we?

Oh, I see. If the process will be killed this perhaps is not going to
happen. Whether this can happen if we pull the plug from the machine
is probably a design implementation of the particular filesystem and
whether it's journaled.

Hm...

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

От: Aleksander Alekseev
Сообщение: Re: base backup vs. concurrent truncation
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: base backup vs. concurrent truncation