Re: RFC: Pluggable TOAST

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: RFC: Pluggable TOAST
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> Aleksander, previous discussion was not a discussion actually, we proposed
> a set of big and complex core changes without any discussion preceding it.
> That was not very good approach although the overall idea behind the patch
> set is very progressive and is ready to solve some old and painful issues in Postgres.

Not true.

There *was* a discussion and you are aware of all the problems that
were pointed out. Most importantly [1][2]. Also you followed the
thread [3] and are well aware that we want to implement TOAST
improvements in PostgreSQL core.

Despite all this you are still insisting on the extendable design as
if starting a new thread every year or so will change something.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20230205223313.4dwhlddzg6uhaztg%40alap3.anarazel.de
[2]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAJ7c6TOsHtGkup8AVnLTGGt-%2B7EzE2j-cFGr12U37pzGEsU6Fg%40mail.gmail.com
[3]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAJ7c6TOtAB0z1UrksvGTStNE-herK-43bj22%3D5xVBg7S4vr5rQ%40mail.gmail.com
--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: speed up a logical replica setup
От: "Drouvot, Bertrand"