Re: Typo with amtype = 's' in opr_sanity.sql

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: Typo with amtype = 's' in opr_sanity.sql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> While rebasing a patch from 2016 related to sequence AMs (more about
> that later), I've bumped on a mistake from 8586bf7ed888 in
> opr_sanity.sql, as of:
> +SELECT p1.oid, p1.amname, p2.oid, p2.proname
> +FROM pg_am AS p1, pg_proc AS p2
> +WHERE p2.oid = p1.amhandler AND p1.amtype = 's' AND

Good catch.

> It seems to me that this has been copy-pasted on HEAD from the
> sequence AM patch, but forgot to update amtype to 't'.  While that's
> maybe cosmetic, I think that this could lead to unexpected results, so
> perhaps there is a point in doing a backpatch?

I disagree that it's cosmetic. The test doesn't check what it's supposed to.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

От: John Naylor
Сообщение: Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?
От: Vitaly Davydov
Сообщение: Re: How to accurately determine when a relation should use local buffers?