Re: RFI: Extending the TOAST Pointer

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: RFI: Extending the TOAST Pointer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> I agree that va_tag can have another use. But since we are going to
> make varatt_external variable in size (otherwise I don't see how it
> could be really **extendable**) I don't think this is the right
> approach.

On second thought, perhaps we are talking more or less about the same thing?

It doesn't matter what will be used as a sign of presence of a varint
bitmask in the pointer. My initial proposal to use ToastCompressionId
for this is probably redundant since va_tag > 18 will already tell
that.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

От: Pavel Luzanov
Сообщение: Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command
От: Aleksander Alekseev
Сообщение: The documentation for READ COMMITTED may be incomplete or wrong