Re: Regarding db dump with Fc taking very long time to completion

От Durgamahesh Manne
Тема Re: Regarding db dump with Fc taking very long time to completion
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 3:09 PM Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 11:27 AM Durgamahesh Manne
<maheshpostgres9@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Is there any way to reduce dump time when i take dump of the table which has 148gb in size without creating partition* on that table has 148gb in size ?

I would at least try a parallel dump: should it be -j option to pg_dump.
I'm not sure it is an effective parallelism against a single table.

Luca

Hi

parallel jobs with pg_dump be effective for the database which contains lot of tables&its dependent objects

parallel jobs with pg_dump can not be effective against a single table

Regards
Durgamahesh Manne

От: Luca Ferrari
Сообщение: Re: Regarding db dump with Fc taking very long time to completion
От: Durgamahesh Manne
Сообщение: Re: Regarding db dump with Fc taking very long time to completion