database migration question between different ubuntus and different postgresql server versions

От Octavi Fors
Тема database migration question between different ubuntus and different postgresql server versions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear all,

I have one newbie question which I hope one kind soul of this list can help me.

The situation is that I have two postgresql servers:

  -9.2 running on Ubuntu 12.04 with a database 'db' already created and populated with data,

  -9.3 running on Ubuntu 14.04.02 with no database created (no tables, no data),

I want to migrate the database 'db' (tablespace+tables+data) from computer with 9.2 server to computer with 9.3 server.

Note: database 'db' is living on a NAS mounted via NFS, with a tablespace modification I was given in this list last week:

CREATE TABLESPACE onNAS LOCATION '/NAS-box/pgsql-data';
CREATE DATABASE db TABLESPACE onNAS;

I would appreciate if you could provide commands I can type to make me start with the process.

Thanks in advance,

Octavi Fors.

От: Qingqing Zhou
Сообщение: Re: fillfactor and cluster table vs ZFS copy-on-write
От: Qingqing Zhou
Сообщение: Re: Waiting on ExclusiveLock on extension