Re: Extremely slow to establish connection when user has a high number of roles

От Michal Charemza
Тема Re: Extremely slow to establish connection when user has a high number of roles
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain.github@gmail.com> writes:
> can you rule out system catalog bloat ?

I don't know! I've now run the query from https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Show_database_bloat just just on pg_catalog, results attached

On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 3:52 PM Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain.github@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Apr 20, 2024, 5:25 PM Michal Charemza <michal@charemza.name> wrote:
Hi,

We're running PostgreSQL as essentially a data warehouse, and we have a few thousand roles, which are used to grant permissions on a table-by-table basis to a few thousand users, so a user would typically have say between 1 and 2 thousand roles. There is also quite a lot of "churn" in terms of tables being created/removed, and permissions changed.

The issue is that we're hitting a strange performance problem on connection. Sometimes it can take ~25 to 40 seconds just to connect, although it's often way quicker

can you rule out system catalog bloat ?

От: Michal Charemza
Сообщение: Re: Extremely slow to establish connection when user has a high number of roles
От: Frits Hoogland
Сообщение: Re: Extremely slow to establish connection when user has a high number of roles