Re: Wich program generates "list index out of range" ? pgadmin or the server ?

От Steve Midgley
Тема Re: Wich program generates "list index out of range" ? pgadmin or the server ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 12:23 AM intmail01 <intmail01@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

My db have some complex triggers and it failed when inserting line.
I use Pgadmin and it display message "list index out of range".
Could someone tell me which program is responsible of this message, pgadmin or the remote server ?

I'm not sure where it's coming from but it likely means that your query is not returning any results, or a subquery is not returning results. Pgadmin itself won't care if your resultset is zero rows, but something internal to your query could be causing this. I'm guessing your complex triggers or related insert statement is dependent on a value which is not being returned as needed. But others here with deeper expertise may have better input for you. For me, I'd recommend trying to examine the different pieces of the trigger function and the insert function separately to try to locate the source more precisely..

Steve

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: intmail01
Сообщение: Wich program generates "list index out of range" ? pgadmin or the server ?
От: hubert depesz lubaczewski
Сообщение: Re: Wich program generates "list index out of range" ? pgadmin or the server ?