Re: Partition by outer join

От Steve Midgley
Тема Re: Partition by outer join
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 11:49 PM aditya desai <admad123@gmail.com> wrote:
Agree!! I will try to get data, which looks difficult actually. Thanks for your response.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 12:02 PM hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 09:22:47PM +0530, aditya desai wrote:
> While trying to migrate Oracle to Postgres wera stuck with PARTITION BY
> OUTER JOIN. Can someone help rewriting or helping with Postgres
> equivalent of below query? Thanks in advance.

It would make MUCH more sense to show us data and expected output.
Why do you assume Pg dbas know and understand intricacies of Oracle?

From that stackexchange post, it appears that partition in Oracle is similar to cross joins in Postgres -- where elements are included in the result set as a matrix, whether they exist in the source data or not (so sparsely populated values are included as nulls when they exist in either of the two columns that are cross joined). So I would start digging on cross joins.

And if you can produce a data set (ideally with create / insert statements) that represents your source, and you can produce a desired output, I've found members of this group pretty quickly produce a solution in Postgres.