Re: how long to wait on 9.2 bitrock installer?

От tuanhoanganh
Тема Re: how long to wait on 9.2 bitrock installer?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I had same problem too.

My laptop : Windows 7 Pro 64bit and postgresql-9.2.0-1-windows-x64.exe.

But it ok when I install postgresql-9.2.0-1-windows.exe on my server windows 2003 Ent 32 bit.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:59 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 09/12/12 10:42 PM, Dann Corbit wrote:

I just let it sit.  3.5 hours later, it completed.

I have several versions of PostgreSQL already installed on this machine.  We need to test compatibility with PostgreSQL database systems with our products.

I tried to install 9.2 64 bit using the one click installer from this location:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#windows

I did use an unused port of 5439 as 5432-5438 are already in use by other instances of PostgreSQL.

are those other instances running?  if they have significant shared memory allocations, your 12GB of ram could be significantly blocked up, so the new install may have ended up doing a lot of paging.

also, your configuration file says this system has a single 1TB drive?   thats a weak storage configuration for a database server, especially if its a 7200rpm or less SATA drive.

--
john r pierce                            N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca                         mid-left coast

От: Ronan Dunklau
Сообщение: Multicorn 0.9.1 and 0.9.2 released
От: Jeremy Whiting
Сообщение: Re: RPM contents for 9.2 community release.