Re: Idle_session_timeout

От Rajesh Kumar
Тема Re: Idle_session_timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Looks like they are fine with keeping one connection open per client_addr and close remaining idle >5mns. Seems like they already have a query deployed in golang and it doesn't seem to be work well for some reason

What's the best choice to automate this. The platform is kubernetes and cron is not possible for now. Any idea what's the best now?

On Wed, 4 Oct, 2023, 9:53 PM Goran Pulevic, <goranmp@gmail.com> wrote:
You need to talk to your application team and find out about their connection related timeouts. Things like max-idle-time, server-lifetime, etc. (They almost certainly use a db library which implements some kind of client side connection pool).
In short: their timeouts should be lower than the server's idle_session_timeout.
Something like: max-idle-time <  server-lifetime <   idle_session_timeout

On Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 17:41, Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar.dba09@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I was facing issue with idle connections not closed.

So, I thought of automating it and set the parameter idle_session_timeout to 5min. But I got a message from application team that they are getting jdbc error continuously and they are saying connection is getting terminated. So I had to turn it off now.

How to use this parameter correctly?