Re: update several columns from function returning several values

От Rémi Cura
Тема Re: update several columns from function returning several values
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks,
waiting for the 9.5 then =)
Cheers,
Rémi-C

Rémi Cura <remi.cura@gmail.com> writes:
> IF I define a function returning several values , I can't use it to update
> mutliple columns of a table at once.
> UPDATE test_update_m_values SET (gid_plus_1,gid_minus_1) =
> (rc_test_update_m_values(gid)); --doesn't work

> Somebody now if this is possible?

Not currently.  In 9.5 it'll be possible to do

UPDATE test_update_m_values SET (gid_plus_1,gid_minus_1) =
(select * from rc_test_update_m_values(gid));

but the syntax you were trying will never work, because it would be
ambiguous with the case of assigning a composite value to a single
composite column.

От: Tim Schäfer
Сообщение: Re: Auto vacuum not running -- Could not bind socket for statistics collector
От: pinker
Сообщение: Mistake in documentation? ANALYZE on partitioned tables