Re: PostgreSQL 9.5, mysql_fdw, and IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA question

От Deven Phillips
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.5, mysql_fdw, and IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Additional details. The MySQL server I am targeting is running version 5.1.73. Perhaps it's too old of a version to support foreign schema import?

Deven

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 11:45 PM, Deven Phillips <deven.phillips@gmail.com> wrote:
I DID get a foreign table to work using the following:

CREATE FOREIGN TABLE customer (
id BIGINT,
name VARCHAR(150),
parent_id BIGINT,
oracle_id BIGINT,
last_updated_time TIMESTAMP,
created_time TIMESTAMP) SERVER mysql OPTIONS (dbname 'mydb', table_name 'customer');

And I was subsequently able to query that table from PostgreSQL..

I tried to add the "OPTIONS" to the IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA and got an error that "dbname" is not a valid parameter.

Thanks,

Deven

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 11:38 PM, Deven Phillips <deven.phillips@gmail.com> wrote:
Apparently not, though I have done so in the past on PostgreSQL 9.4. It appears to be related to the "schema" with which the foreign table is associated:

mydb=# CREATE FOREIGN TABLE customer (
id BIGINT,
name VARCHAR(150),
parent_id BIGINT,
oracle_id BIGINT,
last_updated_time TIMESTAMP,
created_time TIMESTAMP) SERVER mysql;
CREATE FOREIGN TABLE
mydb=# SELECT * FROM customer;
ERROR:  failed to prepare the MySQL query:
Table 'public.customer' doesn't exist

Deven

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 01/08/2016 07:04 AM, Deven Phillips wrote:
Hi all,

     I installed the newly released PostgreSQL 9.5 this morning and
compiled the latest mysql_fdw extension from EnterpriseDB. I was able to
create the SERVER and USER MAPPING, but I cannot seem to get IMPORT
FOREIGN SCHEMA to do anything. The command executes without error, but
none of the table schemas are imported from the MySQL DB. Does anyone
have any advice, links, documentation which might be of help?

Can you CREATE FOREIGN TABLE and use it?

Thanks in advance!

Deven

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Deven Phillips
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 9.5, mysql_fdw, and IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA question
От: Deven Phillips
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 9.5, mysql_fdw, and IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA question