Re: pg_dump

От Ramesh T
Тема Re: pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Please let me know what happend inside ..?

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014, Ramesh T <rameshparnanditech@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm installed pgadmin 3 on windows I'm trying to connect server.the server is on Linux.now I'm trying pgdump from windows from using putty connected to Linux Postgres server..also last mail I sent trying from windows local c:\... :)
On Wednesday, December 17, 2014, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 12/16/2014 08:17 AM, Ramesh T wrote:

C:\Program Files\pgAdmin III\1.14>pg_dump -U postgres -p 5432 -C -f
c:\backup\db_2.dump db_1;
pg_dump: [archiver (db)] connection to database "db_1;"

failed: coul
d not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
         Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting
         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
         Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and

accepting
         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

is it right excution process ,if it is yes 5432..?

Previously you where using PuTTY to log in to the machine with the Postgres server, so I assume it is not running on the Windows machine. If that is the case doing the above is bound to fail. What the error is telling you is that pg_dump cannot find a Postgres instance listening where you told it to go. Bottom line is you need to be more accurate in what you are doing.

So:

1) Back to my first post; "That would depend on where your Postgres server is relative to the c\ drive."

What machine is the Postgres server located on?

What machine are you trying to connect from?

Everything you posted relates to the above. These questions need to be answered before we can go any further.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: harpagornis
Сообщение: Re: SSL Certificates in Windows 7 & Postgres 9.3
От: Ramesh T
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump