Re: Let's make PostgreSQL multi-threaded

От Greg Sabino Mullane
Тема Re: Let's make PostgreSQL multi-threaded
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 8, 2023 at 8:44 AM Hannu Krosing <hannuk@google.com> wrote:
Do we have any statistics for the distribution of our user base ?

My gut feeling says that for performance-critical use the non-Linux is
in low single digits at best.

Stats are probably not possible, but based on years of consulting, as well as watching places like SO, Slack, IRC, etc. over the years, IMO that's a very accurate gut feeling. I'd hazard 1% or less for non-Linux systems.

Cheers,
Greg

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Let's make PostgreSQL multi-threaded
От: "Tristan Partin"
Сообщение: Re: Use COPY for populating all pgbench tables