Re: pg_upgrade failure upgrading from v10.8 to v14.4

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: pg_upgrade failure upgrading from v10.8 to v14.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 9:19 AM Murthy Nunna <mnunna@fnal.gov> wrote:

I encountered following error. Any help or insight is much appreciated.

CREATE VIEW "public"."all_tables" AS

SELECT ((("n"."nspname")::"text" || '.'::"text") || ("c"."relname")::"text") AS "tablename",

You created a view that uses the catalogs and the structure of those catalogs has changed.  pg_upgrade cannot fix this for you.  Unfortunately, the only real solution is to have a pre-upgrade script that removes the not unusable view, perform the upgrade, and then run a post-upgrade script that replaces it with something that will work in the new system.  I'm unaware of a version of PostgreSQL that would act as a transition version where both versions of the view could exist, but you may wish to double-check that if you think such a two-step upgrade path would be easier for you to manage.

David J.

От: Murthy Nunna
Сообщение: pg_upgrade failure upgrading from v10.8 to v14.4
От: Murthy Nunna
Сообщение: RE: pg_upgrade failure upgrading from v10.8 to v14.4