Re: Prepared SQL name collision. The name implicitly is truncated by NAMEDATALEN

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Prepared SQL name collision. The name implicitly is truncated by NAMEDATALEN
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wednesday, May 24, 2023, Alexey Kachalin <kachalin.alexey@gmail.com> wrote:

If I exceed the limit I would like to get the error related to an issue, not just my valid SQL returns something unpredictable.
Can I get a proper error for identifying issues and fixing?
Is it expected behaviour that SQL returns corrupt value or error, when a prepared SQL statements name has gone beyond limit?

All info beyond 63 chars is discarded early on in the parsing phase.  Giving two different prepared statements the same name, as in the first 63 chars, is an application bug since, as you’ve observed, you are likely to end up with non-deterministic behavior.  Unfortunately, PostgreSQL will not help you find this kind of bug.  There presently are no plans to change this, even though you and others would consider the lack to be undesirable.

David J.

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: Prepared SQL name collision. The name implicitly is truncated by NAMEDATALEN
От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #17943: Undefined symbol LLVMBuildGEP in llvmjit.so during pg_restore