How to fork pg_dump or psql w/o leaking secrets?

От David G. Johnston
Тема How to fork pg_dump or psql w/o leaking secrets?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday, September 22, 2023, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's why I'm asking the community how best to the forked PSQL can connect w/o password prompting.

psql and lipq can exploit .pgpass for exactly that aim: not messing
around with passwords.
Again, I would discourage you to fork psql. Would you be able to
maintain the new upcoming versions in the future?

The OP seems to be used the term fork in a process sense, not forking the source code.  Process execution from within another program.  “Launch” or “execute” psql would be a better choice of wording here.

David J.

От: Luca Ferrari
Сообщение: Re: debugger from superuser only.... why?
От: Luca Ferrari
Сообщение: Re: How to fork pg_dump or psql w/o leaking secrets?