Re: using a plpgsql function argument as a table column.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: using a plpgsql function argument as a table column.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday, August 28, 2018, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I have a table with many years as columns. y1976, y2077, .. , y2019,y2020 I want to dynamically return a column from a function.

Personally, your design is unahappy - against to ideas of relations databases. So any native tools will be impossible.

+1

I don’t know for sure that what is desired is not possible but only because the specification and model are more than I wish to untangle at the moment...

David J.

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: using a plpgsql function argument as a table column.
От: Alexander Kukushkin
Сообщение: Re: WAL replay issue from 9.6.8 to 9.6.10