Re: Another user complaint regarding visibility of pg_catalog data

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Another user complaint regarding visibility of pg_catalog data
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wednesday, November 8, 2023, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:

When people ask my "why?", I tend to answer "why not?".  It is not a security
problem, in my opinion.  Every user is allowed to know that I have a table
"purchase" with a column "credit_card_nr".  As long as the permissions are set
correctly, that is no problem.  Any attempt to hide that information is at best
"security by obscurity".

The typical answer is some variant of trade secrets.  Though wanting to store private info in a comment has some merit too.

David J.

От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION issue
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION issue