Re: How to fork pg_dump or psql w/o leaking secrets?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: How to fork pg_dump or psql w/o leaking secrets?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday, September 22, 2023, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:

I already told you my app is LIBPQ aware, including about PGPASSWORD and PGSERVICE.
It's users who decide to use these mechanisms (which have plain-text passwords BTW...), not my tool.
The same way PSQL prompts for a password when not using these mechanism, so does my tool.

Once you have the password you should utilize the PGPASSWORD environment variable to get it passed to psql.  It doesn’t matter in the least how you obtained that password in the first place.

David J.

От: Brad White
Сообщение: Re: How to fork pg_dump or psql w/o leaking secrets?
От: Brad White
Сообщение: Start service