Re: Different results from identical matviews

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Different results from identical matviews
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, July 2, 2020, Anders Steinlein <anders@e5r.no> wrote:

Thanks for the tip, but I'm having a hard time thinking that's the case, seeing as I'm unable to trigger the wrong result no matter how hard I try with a new definition/manual query. I've introduced random ordering to the first CTE-clause (where the initial citext values comes from, and casing thus could differ in some order) which doesn't change the result.

I just wanted to add that we're on Postgres 12.3. This matview has been with us since 9.4 days, and we have not experienced any such issues before (could be customers who haven't noticed or reported it to us, of course...).
                                                             version
 PostgreSQL 12.3 (Ubuntu 12.3-1.pgdg18.04+1) on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04) 7.5.0, 64-bit

 I concur that the determinism doesn’t seem like a problem - but not much else does either.  As a shot in the dark does pg_depend show any differences between the dependencies for the two views?

How did this migrate from 9.4 to 12?

It would be helpful if “Explain analyze refresh materialized view” were a thing (is it?)

If you can backup and restore the existing database (basebackup is more likely, but pg_dump would be more useful) and still observe the problem then maybe I see hope for digging down into the cause.  Otherwise I’d limit my decision to testing for the symptom with the solution being to rebuild any problem views.

David J.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Different results from identical matviews
От: Anders Steinlein
Сообщение: Re: Different results from identical matviews