Re: BUG #14110: information_schema.constraint_column_usage not working as expected

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #14110: information_schema.constraint_column_usage not working as expected
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Monday, April 25, 2016, <srkunze@mail.de> wrote:

> Bug reference:      14110
> Logged by:          Sven R. Kunze
> Email address:      srkunze@mail.de <javascript:;>
> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.5
> Operating system:   OpenSUSE
>
> Hi,
>
> I hope it qualifies as a proper bug. Since the issue is a bit longer, I
> will
> cut it into several pieces for better digestion.
>
> Interestingly, not a single database on our ci machines showed this
> behavior.
>

> Even more noticeable is the fact that user 'postgres' **can** read
> information_schema.constraint_column_usage of the "broken" database
> properly.
>

> However, '\du' reveals no differences between database users who read
> constraint_column_usage properly and those who don't.

This is unlikely to be a bug.  That view is filtered by current user
permissions.  Your discrepancies likely can be explained by variations in
object ownership between the various database being queried.

If you want further help I'd suggest picking two databases, one working and
one not, and asking on -general how to go about comparing the two setups
for differences that would prove this to your satisfaction.

Even if this was a bug you have not come close to prividing sufficient info
for us to confirm it.  A self-contained psql script exhibiting the
behavior would be necessary.

It's likely \du is insufficient to explore this, you have to look at the
tables, not the users.  You should see differences is ownership or grants.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/infoschema-constraint-column-usage.html

David J.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14113: LIKE INCLUDING STORAGE bug?
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14112: sorting v and w is broken with et_EE locate