Re: BUG #17526: PG_DUMP is not outputting "CREATE SCHEMA" statements when an extension is assigned to a schema

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #17526: PG_DUMP is not outputting "CREATE SCHEMA" statements when an extension is assigned to a schema
Дата
Ответ на BUG #17526: PG_DUMP is not outputting "CREATE SCHEMA" statements when an extension is assigned to a schema  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tuesday, June 21, 2022, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      17526
Logged by:          chris
Email address:      developer@moregatebiotech.com
PostgreSQL version: 14.4
Operating system:   Linux

PG_DUMP is not outputting "CREATE SCHEMA" statements when an extension is
assigned to a schema.

Not a bug.  Extension members are not dumped because the system expects that a subsequent create extension command will create them.  That is what it means to be a member of the extension.  Most users are not going to execute the “alter extension add” command on there database as it doesn’t really provide end-user useful functionality.

Extension assigned to a schema is not the correct model here.  “Given control of the schema” or “Schema becomes an implementation detail of the extension” are.

I’ve been working on the docs in this area but focused on routines.  I will give this a look to see if additional clarity here is needed too.

David J.

От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #17528: ERROR: could not access status of transaction 1997627701
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17526: PG_DUMP is not outputting "CREATE SCHEMA" statements when an extension is assigned to a schema