Re: Add PostgreSQL Discord to website?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Add PostgreSQL Discord to website?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 1:39 PM Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 2023-08-21 11:13, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 2023-08-21 02:20, Stephen Frost wrote:
> <snip>
>> No, we should push such communities to be official ones and part of
>> that
>> is that they get listed.

David, what're your thoughts on this?. :)

I'm not seeing, today, any obvious differences between the user experience with Slack and what Discord provides.  So if the community is going to show Slack we should provide a URL for signing up with Discord as well.

I'm more involved with Discord than Slack and do think the former could use a round of formalizing.  But it seems to meet the current standard of acceptance that got Slack listed.

I do think that as part of the formalzing, ideally done with Slack as well though I don't know that platform to the same degree (in particular where people are expected to go to find stuff like policies), that pages like the existing one for IRC should be created.  I would expect the community to design and put forth such a page for consideration by .org - using the IRC as a starting point.

David J.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Justin Clift
Сообщение: Re: Add PostgreSQL Discord to website?
От: Luigi Nardi
Сообщение: Wiki editor access request