Re: Ways to deal with large amount of columns;

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Ways to deal with large amount of columns;
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, August 30, 2018, a <372660931@qq.com> wrote:
Hi all:

I need to make a table contains projected monthly cashflow for multiple agents (10,000 around).

Therefore, the column number would be 1000+.

I would need to perform simple aggregate function such as count, sum or average on each cashflow projected.

So if there is anyway of doing this? Will there be anything like define a macro in C that I can manipulate multiple columns by simple word that representing them.

Better to design a data model that doesn't have so many columns. Otherwise generating dynamic SQL via the for,at function and loops and such is your best bet.  Can be down in pl/pgsql or in your preferred programming language.  Psql variables can maybe be useful too.

David J.

От: Gunnlaugur Thor Briem
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade fails saying function unaccent(text) doesn't exist
От: Andreas Kretschmer
Сообщение: Re: Ways to deal with large amount of columns;