Re: Temporal tables as part of main release

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Temporal tables as part of main release
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, June 17, 2021, Anand Sowmithiran <anand.sow@gmail.com> wrote:
I am looking to use the temporal tables feature for keeping track of changes to my table data. As of now, there is an pgxn.org provided extension by which we could leverage this functionality, but when Temporal tables will become part of the main Postgresql release [and not as an extension] ? Even in the Postgresql 14 beta release notes it is not mentioned.

This email seems to provide a good starting point for reading up on the past work on the feature.

Its already too late for v14 since we are already in beta.

For a feature this complex its probably best to not have expectations of that nature.

And, since its not in the commitfest app, and the last emails I found are over a year old, it doesn’t seem to be a priority for anyone at this time.

David J.

От: Anand Sowmithiran
Сообщение: Temporal tables as part of main release
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: A simple question about text fields