Re: BUG #18445: date_part / extract range for hours do not match documentation

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #18445: date_part / extract range for hours do not match documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Friday, April 26, 2024, Marek Läll <lall.marek@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

psql (16.2, server 15.5) gives the following responses.
Time handling looks quite inconsistent.

That’s probably a fair assessment.

My opinion is that example 2 is the only one which gives the correct result. Examples 1 and 3 should report errors as well.

We tend not to introduce breaking changes if the only motivation is to be consistent.

David J.

От: Marek Läll
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18445: date_part / extract range for hours do not match documentation
От: "Kumar, Devesh"
Сообщение: DETAIL: pg_rewind: servers diverged at WAL location 0/9000000 on timeline 1