Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 8:20 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 4:35 PM, Josh berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> I was assuming that we would have *both* per-operation and per-statement
> limits.  I can see reasons for having both, I can see why power users
> would want both, but it's going to be overwhelming to casual users.

I don't think so.  I think the fact that this is per-gather-node
rather than per-statement right now is basically a defect.  Once we
have a per-statement limit, I see no value in having the
per-gather-node setting.  So, yes, at that point, I would push to
rename the GUC.

​How big is the hazard of future-naming this and documenting the present limitation?  Is the casual user reading explains even going to be aware of that particular implementation detail?

David J.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Prepared statements and generic plans
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?