Re: [GENERAL] Upgrading postgresql minor version

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Upgrading postgresql minor version
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 9:34 AM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 8:13 AM, Ron Ben <ronb910@walla.co.il> wrote:
Not possible

To upgrade I do: apt-get install postgresql-9.3
There is no way to "roll back" from here.
I can not choose which version to install, it install the latest version packed for debian. Currently its 9.3.16

The docuntation says that upgrading minor version is just "replacing the executables", so there has to be a way to save them on the side for roll back.

​I see that the binaries involved are located under "/usr/​lib/postgresql" - in directories matching up with the version-cluster naming scheme the the apt packages employ.  In theory backing up and restoring the relevant directories under there should work.  This would only work for minor version switching.

​My bad - its not cluster specific ... which makes sense as there is no way to update just individual clusters.

David J.​

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] character encoding of the postgres database
От: Rajesh Mallah
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] logging of application level user in audit trigger