Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.
Дата
Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-committers
On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 5:40 PM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
On Mon, 2023-06-12 at 13:05 -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
> The timing was not great, but this is fixing a purported defect in an
> older
> v16 feature.  If the MAINTAIN privilege is actually fine, we're all
> set for
> v16.  If MAINTAIN does have a material problem that $SUBJECT had
> fixed, we
> should either revert MAINTAIN, un-revert $SUBJECT, or fix the problem
> different way.

Someone with the MAINTAIN privilege on a table can use search_path
tricks against the table owner, if the code is susceptible, because
maintenance code runs with the privileges of the table owner.

Only change the search_path if someone other than the table owner or superuser is running the command (which should only be possible via the new MAINTAIN privilege)?

David J.

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.